Moving Companies in Barkway Here’s another one that should come as no surprise: fireworks. While they technically need a spark to ignite — the heat of being enclosed in a hot truck alone won’t set them off — fireworks contain black powder, which is 10 percent sulfur, 15 percent charcoal, and 75 percent potassium nitrate. Additionally, they contain coloring elements such as aluminum, magnesium, titanium and beryllium. Movers don’t like to transport chemicals like these, and they won’t transport charcoal.
But there’s another reason your mover won’t take your unused fireworks. Every state has its own regulations regarding fireworks, and many towns and cities further restrict their use. Your movers don’t have time to figure out whether the fireworks you own are allowed in your new home state and whether they can legally transport them there. And if you’re just moving to a new neighborhood in the same city, you can easily transport them yourself.
12. Cleaning supplies
Believe it or not, you can’t pack your Windex, bleach and other cleaning supplies when you move. This is in part due to some of these products containing flammable materials, but movers are also concerned about one of these items leaking and damaging other items on the truck.
Since you’ll need products to clean your home as you move in, you may want to set aside cleaning products to travel with you. Or donate them to friends or family and purchase replacements at your new home.
Moving Companies in Barkway Want another reason to throw yourself an epic going away party? Your movers may refuse to transport your alcohol. Liquor laws vary by state, and some states have restrictions on the amount of alcohol you can bring with you into the state for personal consumption. Not to mention alcohol is flammable. If you pack it without your movers knowing and it ignites, you could be liable for the damage.
Transporting alcohol in a moving truck is risky for another reason. Most moving trucks are not climate-controlled, and extreme temperatures, humidity and light can damage wine and expensive bottles of alcohol. Pay a little extra for a climate-controlled moving truck or, if you have an especially valuable wine collection, hire a wine relocation company to move it for you. These companies will expertly pack your wines, transport them in climate-controlled vehicles, and unpack them at your new home.
14. Chemistry sets
If you have a budding scientist in your home, they’ll have to toss their chemistry set (or gift it to a friend or school) when you move. Chemistry sets come with components designed to create chemical reactions, chemical transformations, electric currents, combustion and, according to one package description, “explosions.” Not the sort of thing movers like to have loaded on their truck. Kits that create “volcanoes” or beauty products like bath bombs and perfumes fall into this category as well.
15. Other hazardous materials
Hazardous materials are absolutely out of the question when it comes to loading a moving truck. Fortunately, many of these items can be easily disposed of before the move. Hazardous materials include fertilizer, paints, aerosols, pesticides, motor oil, batteries and acids. Anything that is flammable or potentially explosive is considered a no-go for moving companies.
- St Albans removals companies in st Albans
- Removals in Hertfordshire
- Hemel Hamstead removal services
- Removal companies in Hemel Hamstead
- Moving services Hemel Hamstead
- Harpenden removal company
- Removal/moving companies in Harpenden
- Hatfield removal service
- Welwyn garden city removals
- Stevnage removal service
- St Albans Removals
- Abbott Langley removal services
- London Colney removal services
- Park street removal services
- Borehamwood removal services
- Enfield removal services
- Potters bar removal services
- Crouch end removal services
- Luton removal services
- Removal Services Bedfordshire county
- Hertfordshire removal services
- Herts Removals
- Buckinghamshire removal services
- Office move services Bedfordshire
- Man and van removal services
- Office removals in Hertfordshire
- House removal services, Watford
- Kitchen removals
- Kings Langley removal services
- Abbott Langley removal services
- House Removal in St Albans
- Office Removal in St Albans
- Removal Services Hertfordshire UK